Senior Living in Alexander, Iowa
Top zip codes in Alexander, IA: 50420
- Alexander scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Alexander scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Belmond Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rehabilitation Center of Belmond, Deerfield Place Assisted Living, and Rehabilitation Center of Hampton.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Latimer Golf Club, Dows Golf Course, and Belmond Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Lower Morse Lake WMA, Ingebretson Park, and Eldred-Sherwood Recreation Area.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including United Church of Rowan, Abundant Life Parsonage, and Abundant Life Chapel.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.02% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.21% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,602, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,250, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,273, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.28%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alexander receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Alexander has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Alexander has a very sparse population density of 8.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alexander have a very short daily commute time.
- Alexander has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.64%.