Senior Living in Alexander, Illinois
Top zip codes in Alexander, IL: 62601
- Alexander scores significantly higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Alexander scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Passavant Area Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aperion Care Jacksonville, Heritage Health-Jacksonville, and Prairie Village Healthcare Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Northridge Hills Golf Course, Links Golf Course(Nichols Park Course at Links Golf Course ), and Jacksonville Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Crazy Horse Campground, L.L.C., Western Illinois Youth Camp, and Nichols Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Jubilee Farm.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.91% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,755, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,524, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,722, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,140 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,585 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.32%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alexander receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Alexander has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Alexander has a very sparse population density of 9.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alexander have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Alexander has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 98.49%.