Senior Living in Alexander, New York
Top zip codes in Alexander, NY: 14005
- Alexander scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Alexander scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (United Memorial Medical Center and Va Western Ny Healthcare Syst).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Jerome Senior Apartments, New York State Veterans\' Home at Batavia, and Genesee Park Place Associate.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 73 golf courses in or around the city, including East/North Course at Terry Hills Golf Course, Attica Golf Club, and Quiet Times Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Darien Lake Amusement Park and Darien Lakes State Park).
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Alexander United Methodist Chr, Alexander United Methodist Chr, and St Joseph\'s Roman Catholic Chr.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.87% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,218, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,043, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,025, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.35%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alexander receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Alexander has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Alexander has a very sparse population density of 59.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alexander have a short daily commute time.
- Alexander has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.36%.