Senior Living in Alexandria, Alabama
Top zip codes in Alexandria, AL: 36250
- Alexandria scores higher than the Alabama average of 72.
- Alexandria scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Stringfellow Memorial Hospital and Jacksonville Medical Center).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pacifica Senior Living Modesto, Legacy Village of Jacksonville, and Jacksonville Health and Rehabilitation.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Oaks Golf Club, Stoneybrook Golf Course, and Cane Creek Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Jacksonville Community Center, Germania Springs Park, and Mountain Longleaf National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 79 churches in or near the city, including Mt Zion Baptist Church, United Fellowship Baptist Chr, and Alexandria Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.83% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.41% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Alabama has an average state income tax of 3.95%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,080, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,076, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,255, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,175 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,562 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.16%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alexandria receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Alexandria has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Alexandria has a sparse population density of 260.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alexandria have a short daily commute time.
- Alexandria has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.43%.