Senior Living in Alexandria, Indiana
Top zip codes in Alexandria, IN: 46001
- Alexandria scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Alexandria scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Community Hospital Of Anderson And Madison County, St Vincent Mercy Hospital, and Saint John\'s Health System.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alexandria Care Center, Summit Convalescent Center, and Bethany Pointe Health Campus.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 129 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 57 golf courses in or around the city, including Yule Golf Club, Players Club Woodland Trails, The, and Killbuck Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Killbuck Wetlands, Mounds State Park, and Hidden Lake Resort.
- There are 74 churches in or near the city, including First Christian Church, Church of the Nazarene, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 24 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,149, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,127, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,351, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.47%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alexandria receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Alexandria has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Alexandria has a sparse population density of 141.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alexandria have an average daily commute time.
- Alexandria has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.84%.