Senior Living in Alexandria, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Alexandria, KY: 41001
- Alexandria scores higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Alexandria scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mercy Hospital Anderson and St Elizabeth Ft Thomas).
- There are 44 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Coldspring of Campbell County, Dobbins Home, and Autumn Ridge Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 100 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 77 golf courses in or around the city, including A. J. Jolly Golf Course, Flag Springs Golf Course, and Hickory Sticks Golf Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Campbell County Road Department, A. J. Jolly Park, and Campbell County Parks & Rec.
- There are 98 churches in or near the city, including Grants Lick Baptist Church, Main Street Baptist Church, and St Mary\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 51 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,260, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,939, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,163, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,693 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.88%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alexandria receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Alexandria has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Alexandria has a sparse population density of 320.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alexandria have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Alexandria has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.08%.