Senior Living in Alexandria, Louisiana
- Alexandria scores higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Alexandria scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, Christus St Frances Cabrini Hospital, and Rapides Regional Medical Center.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cleveland Community Home, Matthews Memorial , and Pecan Grove Community Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 143 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Alexandria Golf & Country Club, Oakwing Golf Club, and Rapides Golf & Country Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Bringhurst Park, Pineville Recreation Complex, and Cabana Mobile Estates.
- There are 78 churches in or near the city, including First Union Baptist Church, Rose of Sharon Baptist Church, and Emmanuel Baptist Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 49 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.82% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,755, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,278, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,630, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,880 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $62,050 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $35,464 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.46%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alexandria receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Alexandria has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Alexandria has an average population density of 793.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alexandria have a very short daily commute time.
- Alexandria has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.71%.