Senior Living in Alexandria, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Alexandria, MN: 56308
- Alexandria scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Alexandria scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Douglas County Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ecumen Bethany Home, Knute Nelson, and Nelson Gables.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake Miltona Golf Club, Arrowwood Golf Club, and Geneva Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Don\'s Lakeview RV Park, Broken Arrow Resort, and Eden Acres Resort.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including United Church of Christ, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and Alexandria Covenant Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.55% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,405, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,772, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,516, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.41%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alexandria receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Alexandria has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Alexandria has a sparse population density of 153.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alexandria have a very short daily commute time.
- Alexandria has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.62%.