Senior Living in Alexandria, Missouri
Top zip codes in Alexandria, MO: 63430
- Alexandria scores higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Alexandria scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Keokuk Area Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including River Hills Village In Keokuk, Dave\'s Place, and Lexington Square.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Keokuk Country Club, Elks Fairview Golf Course, and Twin Lakes Of Kahoka.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Illiniwek Village State Historic Site, Hickory Haven Campground, and Fort Edwards.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, All Saints Church, and Apostolic Faith United Pentecostal Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,863, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,146, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,667, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $25,350 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $54,750 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,682 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,625 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.62%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alexandria receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Alexandria has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Alexandria has a very sparse population density of 12.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alexandria have a short daily commute time.
- Alexandria has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.61%.