Senior Living in Alexandria, Ohio
Top zip codes in Alexandria, OH: 43001
- Alexandria scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Alexandria scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mount Carmel New Albany Surgical Hospital).
- There are 32 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kendal at Granville, Middleton , and Pataskala Oaks Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 94 golf courses in or around the city, including Legends at Locust Lane, The, Saint Albans Golf Club, and Granville Golf Course.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 39 churches in or near the city, including Alexandria Baptist Church, Alexandria Baptist Church, and Alexandria Methodist Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 43 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,067, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,018, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,432, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,350 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,920 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,917 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.32%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alexandria receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Alexandria has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Alexandria has a very sparse population density of 90.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alexandria have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Alexandria has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.68%.