Senior Living in Alexandria, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Alexandria, PA: 16611
- Alexandria scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Alexandria scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Tyrone Hospital and Cove Forge Behav Hlth Syst).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Westminster Woods at Huntingdon, Huntingdon Hills Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, and Epworth Manor.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Standing Stone Golf Club, Sylvan Hills Golf Course, and Scotch Valley Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Camp Blue Diamond, Lake Raystown Family Camping Resort, and Pleasant Hills Campground.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including Docherty George M, Costlow Donald J, and Taylor El.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.25% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,857, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,509, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,737, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.41%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alexandria receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Alexandria has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Alexandria has a very sparse population density of 56.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alexandria have a long daily commute time.
- Alexandria has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.90%.