Senior Living in Alexandria, Virginia
- Alexandria scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- Alexandria scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 29 hospitals within close range of the city, including Inova Alexandria Hospital, Inova Mount Vernon Hospital, and Northern Virginia Comm Hosp.
- There are 181 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunrise of Alexandria, Government Retirement & Benefits, Inc., and Woodbine Rehabilitation and Healthcare.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1266 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 103 golf courses in or around the city, including Belle Haven Country Club, Arlington Course at Army Navy Country Club - Arlington, and Pinecrest Golf Course.
- There are 53 parks near the city center, including Cameron Run Regional Park, Historic Huntley, and Fort Ward Park.
- There are 1423 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Presbyterian Church, Alexandria Friends Meeting, and Roberts Memorial.
- There are 33 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 825 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 53 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 383 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.53% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $113,212, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $88,724, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $49,206, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.42%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alexandria receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Alexandria has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Alexandria has a dense population density of 6,701.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alexandria have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Alexandria has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.64%.