Senior Living in Algoma, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Algoma, WI: 54201
- Algoma scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Algoma scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Door County Memorial Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Algoma Medical Center & Long Term Care Unit, Bay Road Place, and Paradise Estates.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Cherry Hills Lodge & Golf Course, Idlewild Golf Course, and NorthBrook Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including The Flying Pig, LLC, Kewaunee RV & Campground, and Quietwoods South Camping Resort.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Assembly of God, Algoma United Methodist Church, and Holy Name of Mary Rectory.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.91% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,357, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,065, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,117, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,600 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.24%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Algoma receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Algoma has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Algoma has a very sparse population density of 71.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Algoma have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Algoma has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.85%.