Senior Living in Algonac, Michigan
Top zip codes in Algonac, MI: 48001
- Algonac scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Algonac scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (St John River District Hospital and Harbor Oaks Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Great Lakes Inn Adult Foster Care, Dibleys Adult Foster Care Home, and Hathaway House.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 58 golf courses in or around the city, including Mid-Channel Golf Course, Golden Hawk Golf Club, and Salt River Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Algonac State Park).
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including First Evangelical Lutheran Chr, Church of Christ, and St Catherine\'s Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,309, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,081, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,708, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.19%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Algonac receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Algonac has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Algonac has an average population density of 630.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Algonac have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Algonac has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.75%.