Senior Living in Alhambra, California
- Alhambra scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Alhambra scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 52 hospitals within close range of the city, including Alhambra Hospital Medical Center, San Gabriel Valley Medical Center, and Garfield Medical Center.
- There are 554 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Atherton, Atherton Christian living for today\'s seniors, and The Garden House.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2139 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 130 golf courses in or around the city, including Alhambra Municipal Golf Course, San Gabriel Country Club, and Arroyo Seco Golf Course.
- There are 28 parks near the city center, including Lacy Park, The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens, and Tournament Park.
- There are 591 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Mandarin Baptist Church, and Monterey Park Chinese Baptist.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1493 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 117 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 506 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,629, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,728, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,845, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,638 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.71%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alhambra receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Alhambra has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Alhambra has a very dense population density of 10,692.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alhambra have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Alhambra has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.10%.