Senior Living in Alkol, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Alkol, WV: 25501
- Alkol scores lower than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Alkol scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Hillcrest Health Care Center and Lincoln Nursing and Rehabilitation Center)
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Big Bend Golf Course, Riverview Country Club, and Sleepy Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Little Coal River Campground, Hilbert Wildlife Management Area, and Big Ugly Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Adkins Charles, Sumerco Church of God, and Pauley Tony H.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.83% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $75,823, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,721, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,569, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,200 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,116 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $37,752 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.52%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 6% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alkol receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Alkol has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Alkol has a very sparse population density of 45.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alkol have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Alkol has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 68.68%.