Senior Living in Allegan, Michigan
Top zip codes in Allegan, MI: 49010
- Allegan scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Allegan scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Allegan General Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ely Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Allegan County Medical Care Community, and Meadow Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 60 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue Bird/Red Fox Course at Cheshire Hills Golf Course, Eagle Creek Golf Club, and Prairiewood Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Dumont Lake Campground Inc, East Lake Camping, and Sandy Pines.
- There are 29 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church-Allegan, Blessed Sacrament Catholic Chr, and Episcopal Church of the Good.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.54% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.33% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,994, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,606, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,604, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.11%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Allegan receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Allegan has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Allegan has a sparse population density of 109.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Allegan have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Allegan has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.74%.