Senior Living in Allen, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Allen, KY: 41601
- Allen scores higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Allen scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Joseph Martin, Highlands Regional Medical Center, and Mcdowell Arh Hospital.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Riverview Health Care Center, Prestonsburg Health Care Center, and Willett Health Care.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Beaver Valley Golf Course, Stone Crest Golf Course, and Jenny Wiley State Resort Park.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Fish & Wildlife Division, US Army Corps of Engineers, and Archer Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Allen Christ United Methodist, Arkansas Creek Ch of Christ, and Martin Church of Christ.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.46% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,689, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,462, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,016, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,693 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Allen receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Allen has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Allen has a sparse population density of 166.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Allen have a very short daily commute time.
- Allen has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 69.01%.