Senior Living in Allen, Maryland
Top zip codes in Allen, MD: 21810
- Allen scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Allen scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Peninsula Regional Medical Center, Deer\'s Head Center, and Healthsouth Chesapeake Rehab.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Village at Harbor Pointe, Somerset Gardens, and Aurora Senior Living of Manokin.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 99 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Green Hill Yacht & Country Club, Elk\'s Golf Club, and Nutters Crossing Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Pemberton Park, Pemberton Historical Park, and Johnson Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including First Assembly of God, National Church of God, and Alpha-omega Child Care Center.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.31% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,545, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $95,586, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,556, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,230 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,135 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,604 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Allen receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Allen has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Allen has a very sparse population density of 50.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Allen have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Allen has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.14%.