Senior Living in Allen, Michigan
Top zip codes in Allen, MI: 49227
- Allen scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Allen scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Hillsdale Community Health Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Community Normalization Homes, Drews Place Village Green, and Hillsdale County Medical Care Facility and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 39 golf courses in or around the city, including Quincy Golf Course, Jenkins Golf Course, and Mill Race Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Historic Marble Springs, Gateway Park Campground, and Sugarbush Campground.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Allen Baptist Church, Allen Baptist Church Parsonage, and Allen United Methodist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,608, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,625, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,486, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.70%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Allen receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Allen has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Allen has a very sparse population density of 50.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Allen have an average daily commute time.
- Allen has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.98%.