Senior Living in Allen Park, Michigan
Top zip codes in Allen Park, MI: 48101
- Allen Park scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Allen Park scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 17 hospitals within close range of the city, including Oakwood Hospital And Medical Center, Oakwood Heritage Hospital, and Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital.
- There are 234 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maple Heights Retirement Community, Downriver Adult Care, and Mother Carini #4.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1053 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 147 golf courses in or around the city, including Dearborn Hills Golf Course, Dearborn Country Club, and Tournament Players Club of Michigan.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Ojibway Prairie Provincial Nature Reserve, Mic-Mac Park, and Elizabeth Park.
- There are 525 churches in or near the city, including St Frances Cabrinis Church, Gilead Baptist Church, and Southfield Road Baptist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 478 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 25 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 128 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.54% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.07% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,581, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,625, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,800, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.84%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Allen Park receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Allen Park has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Allen Park has a dense population density of 4,017.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Allen Park have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Allen Park has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.28%.