Senior Living in Allen, Texas
- Allen scores significantly higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Allen scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 13 hospitals within close range of the city, including Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen, The Hospital At Craig Ranch, and Medical Center Of Mckinney.
- There are 165 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Senior Care Centers - Victoria Gardens of Allen, Mustang Creek Estates - Allen, and Willow Creek House.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 717 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (15% of residents).
- There are 74 golf courses in or around the city, including Twin Creeks Golf Course, Ridgeview Ranch Golf Club, and Chase Oaks Golf Course -Sawtooth.
- There are 25 parks near the city center, including Allen Station Park, Celebration Park, and Oak Point Park and Nature Preserve.
- There are 164 churches in or near the city, including St Jude Catholic Church, First Christian Church, and Suncreek United Methodist.
- There are 27 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 229 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 18 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 204 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.33% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.19% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $116,576, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $101,957, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,702, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.19%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Allen receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Allen has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Allen has a dense population density of 1,858.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Allen have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Allen has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.29%.