Senior Living in Allendale, Illinois
Top zip codes in Allendale, IL: 62410
- Allendale scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Allendale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Wabash General Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oakview Heights Continuous Care, Aperion Care Bridgeport, and The United Methodist Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Mt. Carmel Golf Course, Hillcrest Hills Golf Course, and Vincennes Elks Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Mt Carmel Municipal Golf Course).
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Hasnerl Edward L, First Church of Nazarene, and First Church of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.26% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,549, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,552, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,666, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.78%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Allendale receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Allendale has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Allendale has a very sparse population density of 26.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Allendale have a long daily commute time.
- Allendale has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.06%.