Senior Living in Allendale, Michigan
Top zip codes in Allendale, MI: 49401
- Allendale scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Allendale scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Zeeland Community Hospital, Zeeland Community Hospital, and North Ottawa Community Hospital.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Allendale Nursing and Rehabilitation Community, Metron of Lamont, and Fountain View Retirement Vlg.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 94 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (8% of residents).
- There are 72 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadows, The, Western Greens Country Club, and Sand Creek Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Baldwin Oaks Campground, LLC., Indian Trails Camp, and Millennium Park.
- There are 153 churches in or near the city, including Allendale Wesleyan Church, Christian Reformed Church, and Christian Reformed Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 42 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 50 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.57% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,959, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,002, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,742, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.20%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Allendale receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Allendale has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Allendale has an average population density of 807.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Allendale have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Allendale has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.35%.