Senior Living in Allendale, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Allendale, NJ: 07401
- Allendale scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Allendale scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 15 hospitals within close range of the city, including Christian Health Care Center, Valley Hospital, and Pascack Valley Hospital.
- There are 145 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brighton Gardens of Saddle River, Allendale Community For Senior Living, and Memory Care Living Ramsey.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1134 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 188 golf courses in or around the city, including Ramsey Golf & Country Club, High Mountain Golf Club, and Darlington Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Ramapo Valley County Reservation, Goffle Brook Park, and High Mountain Park Preserve.
- There are 424 churches in or near the city, including Archer United Methodist Church, Guardian Angel Rc Church, and Calvary Lutheran Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 670 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 31 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 367 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.29% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $177,602, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $126,345, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $57,244, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.56%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Allendale receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Allendale has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Allendale has a dense population density of 2,100.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Allendale have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Allendale has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.96%.