Senior Living in Allenport, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Allenport, PA: 15412
- Allenport scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Allenport scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Brownsville General Hospital, Monongahela Valley Hospital, and Monongahela Valley Hospital.
- There are 34 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Dunlevy Gardens, Adult Assisted Living, and Flos Personal Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 108 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 85 golf courses in or around the city, including Gold Course at Cedarbrook Golf Course, Willowbrook Golf Course, and Monongahela Valley Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Hazelbaker Recreational Services and Round Hill Park).
- There are 84 churches in or near the city, including Reorganized Church of Jesus, Romanchak Stephan P, and First Christian Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 36 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,908, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,795, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,892, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.00%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Allenport receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Allenport has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Allenport has a sparse population density of 226.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Allenport have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Allenport has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.52%.