Senior Living in Allentown, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Allentown, NJ: 08501
- Allentown scores significantly higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Allentown scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Hamilton, St Francis Medical Center, and St Lawrence Rehabilitation Ctr.
- There are 52 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Robbinsville Township Housing Inspector, Arcadia Nursing and Rehab, and Clare Estate.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 273 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 133 golf courses in or around the city, including Cream Ridge Golf Club, Gambler Ridge Golf Club, and Miry Run Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Horse Park of New Jersey, Assunpink Wildlife Management Area, and Sayen House and Gardens.
- There are 213 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Church, Ellisdale United Methodist Chr, and Allentown Presbyterian.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 169 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 84 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.89% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $127,648, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $102,040, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $46,543, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.94%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Allentown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Allentown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Allentown has a sparse population density of 243.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Allentown have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Allentown has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.54%.