Senior Living in Allenwood, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Allenwood, PA: 17810
- Allenwood scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Allenwood scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including U S Penitentiary Infirmary, Evangelical Community Hospital, and Jersey Shore Hospital.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Watsontown Health and Rehabilitation Center, WEST HOUSE Personal Care Home, and West House Personal Care Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Bucknell Golf Club, Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club, and Turbot Hills Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Williamsport South / Nittany Mtn. KOA, Susquehanna State Park, and Hidden Valley Camping Resort.
- There are 119 churches in or near the city, including MT Deliverance Worship Center, God\'s Missionary Church, and St Johns Ucc.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 35 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,949, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,969, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $13,440, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.39%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Allenwood receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Allenwood has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Allenwood has a very sparse population density of 82.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Allenwood have an average daily commute time.
- Allenwood has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 75.35%.