Senior Living in Alloway, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Alloway, NJ: 08001
- Alloway scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Alloway scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Memorial Hospital Of Salem County, South Jersey Healthcare-elmer Hospital, and South Jersey Hospital.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Friends Village at Woodstown, and Prospective Homes Ann\'s Abbey.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 71 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 70 golf courses in or around the city, including White Cedar/Pin Oaks Course at Wild Oaks Golf Club, Country Club of Salem, and Centerton Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Jellystone Park in Elmer NJ, Four Seasons Family Campground, and Supawna Meadows National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 84 churches in or near the city, including Alloway Baptist Church, Quinton United Methodist Ch, and Morning Star Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 48 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 28 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.21% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $75,094, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $73,333, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,762, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.52%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alloway receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Alloway has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Alloway has a sparse population density of 346.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alloway have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Alloway has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.19%.