Senior Living in Allston, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Allston, MA: 02134
- Allston scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Allston scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 49 hospitals within close range of the city, including Arbour H R I Hospital, Cambridge Health Alliance, and M I T Medical Department.
- There are 268 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Glenville Apartments, Wingate at Boston, and Greater Boston Chinese Golden Age Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1399 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (10% of residents).
- There are 162 golf courses in or around the city, including Fresh Pond Golf Course, Oakley Country Club, and Newton Commonwealth Golf Course.
- There are 32 parks near the city center, including Soldiers Field Athletic Area, Mount Auburn Cemetery, and Kenmore Square.
- There are 657 churches in or near the city, including Allston Brighton Islamic Center, Church of Our Saviour, and St Paul\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 847 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 57 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 612 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,114, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,487, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,315, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.59%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Allston receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Allston has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Allston has a very dense population density of 16,216.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Allston have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Allston has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.07%.