Senior Living in Alma, Illinois
Top zip codes in Alma, IL: 62807
- Alma scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Alma scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Salem Township Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Twin Willows Nursing Center, Doctors Nursing and Rehab Center, and Odin HealthCare Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Salem Country Club, Summertime Nine Golf Course, and Colonial Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Salem Parks Department and Stephen A. Forbes).
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Alma Christian Church, Grace Church of Nazarene, and Salem Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.48% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $75,947, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,667, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,779, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.62%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alma receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Alma has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Alma has a very sparse population density of 21.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alma have a long daily commute time.
- Alma has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.58%.