Senior Living in Almena, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Almena, WI: 54805
- Almena scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Almena scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Luther Midelfort- Northland Mayo Health System and Cumberland Memorial Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cumberland Healthcare Extended Care Unit, Island City Assisted Living, and Barron Care and Rehab.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Rolling Oaks Golf Club, Cumberland Golf Club, and Pine Crest Golf.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Loon Lake Woods State Natural Area, Loon Lake State Wildlife Area, and Barron Motel & RV Campground.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Ankarlo, Barbara M, MD - Cumberland Medical Clinic, and Augustana Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,646, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,492, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,220, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.15%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Almena receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Almena has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Almena has a very sparse population density of 44.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Almena have a short daily commute time.
- Almena has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 75.94%.