Senior Living in Almond, New York
Top zip codes in Almond, NY: 14804
- Almond scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Almond scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St James Mercy Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including McAuley Manor at Mercycare, Hornell Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation , and City of Hornell Housing Authority.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Hornell Country Club, Twin Hickory Golf Club, and East Course at Six-S Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Evergreen Trails Campgrounds, Jones Pond Campground & RV Park, and Six-S Golf Course.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Almond Union of Churches, Abundante Life Ministries, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,893, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,625, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,537, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.44%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Almond receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Almond has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Almond has a very sparse population density of 26.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Almond have a short daily commute time.
- Almond has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.48%.