Senior Living in Almond, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Almond, WI: 54909
- Almond scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Almond scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Wild Rose Com Mem Hospital, Inc).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wild Rose Manor, Rosemore Village, and Wi Veterans Hm Macarthur 422.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including Tree Acres Golf Course, Foxfire Golf Club, and Royal Oaks Golf Resort.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Vista Royalle Campground Ltd, Hartman Creek State Park, and Standing Rock Park.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Almond United Methodist Church, Amherst Bible Church, and Amherst Bible Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,250, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,688, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,754, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.07%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Almond receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Almond has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Almond has a very sparse population density of 22.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Almond have an average daily commute time.
- Almond has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.37%.