Senior Living in Almont, Michigan
Top zip codes in Almont, MI: 48003
- Almont scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Almont scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kathy\'s Tlc Adult Foster Care, Fisher Estates Home, and Sanctuary at Maple Vista.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 116 golf courses in or around the city, including North Course at Romeo Golf Course & Country Club, Heather Hills Golf Club, and Bruce Hills Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including General Squier Memorial Park, Attica Pines Campground, and Lakeville Swamp Nature Sanctuary.
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including Almont Vineyard Church, First Congregational Church, and St John\'s Catholic Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.08% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,648, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,538, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,605, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.92%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Almont receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Almont has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Almont has a sparse population density of 184.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Almont have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Almont has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.80%.