Senior Living in Almyra, Arkansas
Top zip codes in Almyra, AR: 72003
- Almyra scores higher than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Almyra scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Baptist Health Medical Center-stuttgart and Stuttgart Regional Medical Ctr).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Easy Living Corp, DeWitt Nursing Home, and Crestpark Dewitt.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 3 golf courses in or around the city, including Stuttgart Country Club, Oak Hills Country Club, and Grand Prairie Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Reinsch Sports Complex, Stuttgart John Cain Park, and Wild Life Refuge.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Assembly of God, Allen Temple Missionary Bapt, and Almyra First Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,351, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,271, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,789, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,750 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,138 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,420 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,347 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.12%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Almyra receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Almyra has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Almyra has a very sparse population density of 7.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Almyra have a short daily commute time.
- Almyra has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.07%.