Senior Living in Alpena, Michigan
Top zip codes in Alpena, MI: 49707
- Alpena scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Alpena scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Alpena Regional Medical Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Turning Brook of Alpena, Tendercare Alpena, and Tendercare GreenView.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Alpena Golf Club, Alpena Country Club, and White Pine National Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Alpena Wildlife Sanctuary, Natural Resources Department, and Mich-e-ke-wis Park.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Salvation Army, Alpena Apostolic Assembly Upci, and Alpena Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.81% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.19% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,509, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,996, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,228, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.29%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alpena receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Alpena has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Alpena has a sparse population density of 105.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alpena have a very short daily commute time.
- Alpena has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.34%.