Senior Living in Alpha, Ohio
Top zip codes in Alpha, OH: 45301
- Alpha scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Alpha scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Twin Valley Psychiatric System, Greene Memorial Hospital, and Wright Patterson Medical Ctr.
- There are 84 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Trinity Community, Traditions of Beavercreek, and Heartland - Beavercreek.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 408 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 65 golf courses in or around the city, including Walnut Grove Country Club, Golden Bear Golf Center at Rollandia, and Beavercreek Golf Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Indian Riffle Park, Sugarcreek MetroPark, and Eastwood Park.
- There are 229 churches in or near the city, including Faith Christian Fellowship, Beavercreek Christian Church, and Kirkmont Presbyterian Church.
- There are 25 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 142 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 125 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.53% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,315, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,406, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,347, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,232 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,763 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alpha receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Alpha has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Alpha has an average population density of 1,413.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alpha have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Alpha has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 65.63%.