Senior Living in Alpharetta, Georgia
- Alpharetta scores higher than the Georgia average of 72.
- Alpharetta scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including North Fulton Regional Hospital, Emory Johns Creek Hospital, and Baptist Medical Center.
- There are 127 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Edenbrook of Alpharetta, Bickford of Alpharetta, and Benton House of Alpharetta.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 532 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 91 golf courses in or around the city, including Creekside Course at Golf Club of Georgia, The, Country Club of the South, and Rivermont Golf & Country Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Webb Bridge Park, Wills Park, and Autrey Mill Nature Preserve & Heritage Center.
- There are 149 churches in or near the city, including Christ the Shepherd Lutheran, Johns Creek Baptist Church, and Messiah Lutheran Church.
- There are 23 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 261 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 27 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 56 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.12% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.08% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $129,032, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $100,794, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $46,372, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.40%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alpharetta receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Alpharetta has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Alpharetta has a dense population density of 1,816.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alpharetta have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Alpharetta has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.68%.