Senior Living in Alpine, California
Top zip codes in Alpine, CA: 91901
- Alpine scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Alpine scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 70 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kasitz Kastle Senior Care, Alpine Terrace Board and Care, and Cioffi Enterprises.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Oak Glen Course at Singing Hills Country Club At Sycuan, Monte Vista Course at Cottonwood at Rancho San Diego, and Barona Creek Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Ma Tar Awa Viejas Camper Park, Cleveland National Forest, and Golden Eagle Ranch.
- There are 29 churches in or near the city, including Alpine Christian Fellowship, First Baptist Church Bostonia, and First Southern Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 44 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.47% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $104,849, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $77,064, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,589, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,519 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.93%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alpine receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Alpine has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Alpine has a sparse population density of 195.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alpine have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Alpine has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.42%.