Senior Living in Alpine, New York
Top zip codes in Alpine, NY: 14805
- Alpine scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Alpine scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Schuyler Hospital, Inc).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Schuyler Hospital Seneca View Skilled Nursing Facility, Longview An Ithacare Community, and Brookdale Ithacaa.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Trumansburg Golf Club, Soaring Eagles Golf Course, and Watkins Glen Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Pinecreek Campground, Clute Park & Campground, and Watkins Glen Fire Station.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Breesport Baptist Church, St Mary Our Mother, and Maranatha Bible Chapel.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,016, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,508, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,324, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.27%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alpine receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Alpine has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Alpine has a very sparse population density of 39.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alpine have a long daily commute time.
- Alpine has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.18%.