Senior Living in Alsip, Illinois
Top zip codes in Alsip, IL: 60803
- Alsip scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Alsip scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 24 hospitals within close range of the city, including Metrosouth Medical Center, Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical Center, and Palos Community Hospital.
- There are 211 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Providence Palos Heights, Crestwood Terrace , and Park Villa Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1339 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 188 golf courses in or around the city, including Fountain Hills Golf Club, Water\'s Edge Golf Club, and Ridge Country Club.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Burr Oak Cemetery, Mount Hope Cemetery, and Raceway Park.
- There are 702 churches in or near the city, including St Terrence Parish, Lighthouse Church, and St Mark Evangelical Lutheran.
- There are 24 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 614 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 239 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,293, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,701, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,217, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,740 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.49%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alsip receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Alsip has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Alsip has a dense population density of 2,949.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alsip have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Alsip has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.41%.