Senior Living in Alta, Iowa
Top zip codes in Alta, IA: 51002
- Alta scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Alta scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Buena Vista Regional Medical Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunset Knoll Care and Rehab Center, Methodist Manor Retirement Com, and Methodist Manor - Lake Pointe Villa.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Alta Golf & Country Club, West Links Estates Golf Course, and Aurelia Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Sunset Park, Chautauqua Park, and Storm Lake Parks & Recreation.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Arts Paul-louis Rev, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.13% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.26% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,069, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,488, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,490, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.76%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alta receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Alta has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Alta has a very sparse population density of 23.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alta have a very short daily commute time.
- Alta has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.74%.