Senior Living in Altamont, Illinois
Top zip codes in Altamont, IL: 62411
- Altamont scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Altamont scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Anthonys Memorial Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lutheran Care Center, Aperion Care St Elmo, and Effingham Rehabilitation and Health Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Cardinal Golf Course, Effingham Country Club, and St. Elmo Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Bail\'s Timberline Lake Campground, Effingham Recreation Center, and Camp Lakewood Campground.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Altamont Christian Church, Altamont Christian Church, and First Church of God.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.91% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,433, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,418, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,644, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.27%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Altamont receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Altamont has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Altamont has a very sparse population density of 51.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Altamont have a very short daily commute time.
- Altamont has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.39%.