Senior Living in Altamonte Springs, Florida
- Altamonte Springs scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Altamonte Springs scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Orlando South Seminole Hosp, Winter Park Memorial Hospital, and Florida Hospital.
- There are 153 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gentry Park Orlando, Grand Villa of Altamonte Springs, and Bridgeport Senior Living - Port Springs.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 831 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 97 golf courses in or around the city, including Links at 434, The, Rolling Hills Golf Club, and Deer Run Country Club.
- There are 20 parks near the city center, including Fort Maitland Park, Kraft Azalea Garden, and Wekiwa Springs State Park.
- There are 272 churches in or near the city, including St Marks Presbyterian Church, A Wedding With Joy, and St Mary Magdalen Catholic Chr.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 404 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 23 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 201 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.77% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,086, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,290, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,242, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,119 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,353 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,328 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.17%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Altamonte Springs receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Altamonte Springs has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Altamonte Springs has a dense population density of 3,962.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Altamonte Springs have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Altamonte Springs has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.50%.