Senior Living in Alto, Michigan
Top zip codes in Alto, MI: 49302
- Alto scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Alto scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Forest View Hospital).
- There are 43 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Retirement Living, Adams Adult Care Home, and Carveth Village.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 131 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 75 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue/White Course at Saskatoon Golf Club, Tyler Creek Golf Club, and Back Nine Course at Briarwood Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Indian Valley Campground, Deer Run Golf Course, and Cascade Township Park.
- There are 59 churches in or near the city, including Lakeside Community Church, Alto Bowne Center United Mthdst, and Hope Church of Brethren.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 35 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 48 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.70% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $90,499, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $78,049, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,182, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,450 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $101,105 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.33%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alto receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Alto has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Alto has a sparse population density of 155.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alto have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Alto has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.88%.