Senior Living in Alton, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Alton, NH: 03809
- Alton scores higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Alton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Huggins Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wolfeboro Bay Center, Our Place Inn Time, and Sugar Hill Retirement Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake Winnepausakee Golf Club, Lake Winnipesaukee Golf Club, and Farmington Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Gunstock Mountain Resort and Ellacoya State Park).
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Bay Church Advent Christian, Gilmanton Community Church, and Living Word Assembly of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.54% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,458, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,538, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,921, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.49%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Alton has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Alton has a very sparse population density of 92.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alton have an average daily commute time.
- Alton has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.46%.