Senior Living in Altoona, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Altoona, WI: 54720
- Altoona scores significantly higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Altoona scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Sacred Heart Hsptl, Oak Leaf Surgcl Hsptl, and Luther Hospital Mayo Health System.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Terrace of Altoona, Grace Willowbrook, and Oakwood Villa.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Hillcrest Golf & Country Club, Eau Claire Golf & Country Club, and Hickory Hills Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Putnam Park State Natural Area, Owen Park, and Tower Ridge Recreation Area.
- There are 62 churches in or near the city, including Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Altoona United Methodist Chr, and Lake Street United Meth Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 34 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.15% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,484, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,166, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,723, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,775 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,565 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,773 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.50%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Altoona receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Altoona has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Altoona has an average population density of 1,438.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Altoona have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Altoona has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.68%.