Senior Living in Altura, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Altura, MN: 55910
- Altura scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Altura scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Cottage Senior Living, St. Isidore Health Center of Greenwood Prairie, and Senior Citizens Apartments.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Piper Hills Golf Course, Walnut Grove Golf Course, and St. Charles Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Whitewater State Park, John A. Latsch State Park, and Carley State Park.
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.58% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.94% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,783, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,893, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,965, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.59%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Altura receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Altura has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Altura has a very sparse population density of 16.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Altura have an average daily commute time.
- Altura has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.65%.