Senior Living in Alum Creek, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Alum Creek, WV: 25003
- Alum Creek scores significantly higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Alum Creek scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Thomas Memorial Hospital, West Virginia Rehab Center, and Highland Hospital.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Valley Center, Dunbar Center, and Sweetbriar.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 189 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Kanawha Country Club, Berry Hills Country Club, and Big Bend Golf Course.
- There are 22 parks near the city center, including Kanawha State Forest, Ivy Branch ATV Resort, and Little Creek Park.
- There are 176 churches in or near the city, including Alum Creek Church- Nazarene, Webb James A, and Alum Creek Church of Christ.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 47 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.83% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,088, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,250, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,566, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,200 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,116 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $37,752 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.50%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Alum Creek receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Alum Creek has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Alum Creek has a very sparse population density of 77.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Alum Creek have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Alum Creek has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.28%.